Sunday, May 23, 2010

Her time has come

Well the time is here -I finally took Emily out of the house! She has been officially introduced to the world - and the shopping world at that. We headed right for the most typical store you would think to take her to - Babies R Us. Had just a few things to get and decided this weekend she would go with me. She did fabulous for her first time out. No fussing, whining or crying all day. None from Emily that is - me on the other hand - well - give me a break - it was her first time out! I managed to hold the emotions in all day until I got home - then found myself wondering why I took her - what if she gets sick now? What if something would have happened? What if she touched something that wasn't cleaned properly??? I think I may have a problem. But no worries - I had reinforcements with me. Memere and Emily's God Mother, Emma, went with us - I am glad because you would have thought I was the one that had never been out before. They kept things in check and made the shopping trip very easy.

The best thing happened when we entered the store. In her usual fashion Emily started saying "hi" to all that past by her, but then she got focused on one person. Well after taking a closer look, I discovered Emily had found someone she knew!. Now what are the chances of that? Would have thought very slim, right? Well guess again because Emily had found her NICU buddy Izzy! Can you believe that? It was wonderful to see Izzy and see how much she has grown. The girls sat in the baskets and played patty-cake and giggled at each other the whole time while the adults visited. It was amazing to me that her first time out in the world and she got to share it with the little lady that shared everything in the beginning with her. I found it only fitting that Izzy was there to experience Emily's first shopping trip - oh no - I bet that's a sign of MANY, MANY more shopping trips together! Watch out world!

Oh by the way - the 'few things" I needed to get - turned into alot of new things for miss E - E already loves to shop!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! We broke out a few weeks ago to the shopping world and I had the same feelings but yet it was good to be able to go out! I am a germ a phobe to the extreme and cover him like an infant in his car seat still! Much love to you all!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete